Podiatry, Podiatric Medicine, Chiropody...Feet treated and made to feel wonderful
Podiatry is the evolution of Chiropody.
Podiatrists are experts of the foot and ankle. We can assess, diagnose and treat numerous conditions. It takes time to become a Podiatrist, 4 years in Scotland and 3 in England, resulting in a degree in Podiatric Medicine.
We are regulated by the Health Care Professions Council, have standards, reguations and criteria to meet to keep our registration.
During an assessment a Podiatrist will preform numerous tasks:
- Check you circulation
- Inspect your skin for infections, abnormal lesions and check skin integrity
- Assess medical history to assess general well being
- Treat and assess numerous conditions
- Create a treatment plan to prevent or reduce reoccurance
- Provide some prescription medications, such as Antibiotics if needed
Some of the conditions we can help with:
- Various Toenail conditions - Ingrown, sore, ugly, painful
- Callus / Hard Skin, Cracked Heels and Corns
- Skin Conditions and lesions
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Rheumatoid Foot Care
- Foot Pain
- Heel Pain
- MSK / Biomechanics / Sports Related Foot Problems: Joint and muscle pain walking or during exercise
- Lower Back Pain
- Insoles and Orthotic management